Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Job: Post 1

Job was a man of God. He was righteous and he lived a life that honored God and God's blessing was on all that concerned him. He was prosperous. What really strikes me about Job is his response to loosing everything within not just one day but within a matter of minutes. Within a really short amount of time he was given news that all of his kids died, all his wealth was gone along with all of his live stock and everything this man owned was taken from him. His response was to worship and to say: "Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." This mans trust was in The Lord and his response to tremendous crisis clearly shows this. He lost everything in one day and "In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong." I want to tap into what Job tapped into. This man was unshakable. There was nothing that could be done to this man outwardly that would cause him to sin or curse God. This testimony follows Job throughout this book. I want what Job had.

I've been told not to study the book of Job because if I did, God would test me. This has been my view of the book of Job until I actually started reading it and studying it. Testing will always come to our lives, the question is not whether or not testing will come but how we are going to respond to crisis when it comes. Do we have the foundation in God to understand His sovereignty and love for them when the trials come?

I feel that one of the wisest things that we can do is to look into the lifestyle of Job that produced in him that confidence he had in God's character.


I want to post my findings on this blog on the following days as God gives grace and I stay on track with it. I feel it will be beneficial for those that Love Jesus to understand the things that I will find in looking into the life of Job.

Job was blameless and upright, he feared God and shunned evil. (Job 1:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment